Friday, May 24, 2013

Gin and Tonic with a twist.


A TWIST ON A SUMMER FAVORITE

Each summer I look forward to having a gin and tonic with my bestie Robin. We have been enjoying G& T’s for over 17 years. We have enjoyed them at the beach, on the lake, at parties, and now at our homes, 12 houses down from each other. We actually don’t get to see each other that often, simply because life is busy,  but hopefully that will change this summer! 

So in anticipation of our friend Amy returning the neighborhood for a weekend, I decided I should test out a new G&T recipe. I had just bought  fresh local organic strawberries from one of our farmers markets and had quite a bit of mint from our yard. 

May I introduce you to the Strawberry,Mint, Lime, Gin and Tonic aka the SMLG&T 


4-6 ripe strawberries per glass
5-9 mint leaves you decide how much lime.
1/2 teaspoon honey (I used local so it would help with allergies)
Muddle all those lovely ingredients together until a good juice forms, it should smell really great at this point. 
Add ice 
Add 1 oz of your favorite vodka (for a non-alcholic version just add more lime juice & honey!)
Fill glass with your favorite tonic 
Squeeze that lime and you are good to go! 


Now have a great weekend and enjoy!

As always please drink responsibly and know when to stop. 
AND NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE. 


                                                     ( Sorry I almost forgot to grab a photo, it was just that yummy)      


No comments:

Post a Comment