Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dealing with Allergies, Holistically.


                 
   

            It’s that time of year again, where our nose is running, our eyes are puffy. It’s ALLERGY season. Living in Nashville, which is know as the allergy capital of the United States, or so I am told. It’s also the most beautiful place ever. I have never seen so many shades of green!!!

       Last year, my allergies where horrible. Everything from double ear infections, to a 4 month sinus infection. It was HORRIBLE. I think I tried 6 different antibiotics, 3 different allergy medicines, and 2 different nasal sprays. It sucked. I was so thankful for a really great ENT Mark A. Williams, M.D., Ph.D. and his team where life savers! You can check out his practice here ( http://www.entson.net). 

This year I knew my body, mind and spirit could not go thru all of that again. Nor could my wallet. I was spending about $350 a month on medicine, tissues, and everything else. This year a friend introduced me to doTerra Essential Oils. I bought them to try on my mom, for her heart (I’ll blog about that soon). Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. dōTERRA (CPTG) Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils represent the safest, purest, and most beneficial essential oils available today. In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants and being beautifully fragrant to people, essential oils have been used throughout history in many cultures for their medicinal and therapeutic benefits. But I knew I needed to try them on me first. After a week I realized that I didn’t need allergy medicine once a day, I thought maybe it was just the fact that it was simi- nice out. When we where with my mom I realized I had zero post-nasal drip for weeks. The only thing I had done differently was rubbing the oils on my feet morning and night. 

                                                                                          The Holy Trinity:
                                                                     

      We got home and I finally ran out of a few of the oils, I suddenly had an ear ache and a runny nose. I was down for the count.  I immediately ordered more lavender, lemon and peppermint.  I treated my earache with Melaleuca and oregano, just on the out side of my ear and just a tiny drop of each. My earache was gone in days.  Once I got the holy trinity back in my hands as I like to call it. I used 5 drops of each in a shot glass with a tiny bit of water, 3 times a day. After about 2 days, I was able to only use the trinity once a day. Now after a month, I use it only every other day. It’s amazing! I feel so blessed and thankful, that I not only found a natural way to help with my allergies, it is even more cost effective than traditional medicine.  ($30 a month verse $350 a month)


I would love to tell you more about our journey with essential oils , health & healing! Feel free to email me : rebeccasmith9@gmail.com  You can learn more about the oils here. Also I don’t suggest taking essential oil internally unless they are (CPTG) Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®.


No comments:

Post a Comment